Thursday, July 25, 2013

Movies I'm Stupid Excited For

To be honest, I'm a pretty mild movie watcher.  I'll catch a movie here and there, but I'm not by any stretch of the imagination a movie buff.  In result, most of the movies I get excited for are movies that come from books that I've read and loved.  Hence, why I am stupid excited for the following two movies!



The Hunger Games: Catching Fire
Coming November 22nd, 2013 

I actually had avoided the craze that came with this series when it first came out.  Only when I randomly noticed the first movie had been put on Netflix did my interest spark, and I said heck, why not, I'll watch it.  And yeah, I was instantly hooked.  I love dystopian settings, war and all that jazz, and the whole idea behind the Hunger Games trilogy, while morbid, is unique and compelling.  My boyfriend had actually been given the first book for Christmas, but had never read it, so a bit after watching the movie, I had moved to read the book.  Then got my mother to get me the 2nd and 3rd book for my birthday and read those.  Then listened to the audiobook segments of the 2nd and 3rd book on youtube while minecrafting.

Now, the 2nd book, Catching Fire, is scheduled to be released in November, and I'm kind of ridiculously excited for it.  The trailers look fantastic, and meeting the 75th Hunger Games tributes from past games is an exciting thought.  That, and the arena.  I had so many images generated while reading the books, and I'm antsy to compare them to what the directors envisioned it to be, something you get a flash of at the end of the 2nd trailer.


Vampire Academy: Blood Sisters
Coming February 14th, 2014


Vampire Academy is, by far, my favorite book series I've ever read, and is by leaps and bounds my favorite vampire-centric created world.  There's a lot to take in, a lot of history and culture of the vampires, and it seems you learn something new about the hidden vampire world in the series with every book installment.

I can't remember quite how I first got into the series.  I believe it was my mother again, just attempting to buy me books she thought I would be interested in for Christmas, and she managed to hit it right on the nose!  Soon after, she realized she had gotten me hooked on a larger than average series, and had to go through the financial burden of rapidly buying me the rest of the series as I blasted through each of the books.

Currently, there are no trailers or images for the movie, all except for an animated movie poster that was very recently released.  I would recommend watching it full screen since the player is a bit small.

No comments:

Post a Comment