Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Having a Ward Fetish

God, I love wards in League of Legends.  They can make or break games with that simple 75 or 125 gold being spent or not spent.  Having vision of the map can easily win your team the game, knowing enemy movements, telling when buffs are up, etc etc.

In result, with the news of the Season 3 ranked rewards being released, I wanted to leave a post dedicated to the wonder of wards in League of Legends.

I thought I'd start of with two of my favorite videos, both proclaiming a deep love of wards in their own way.



Then, my stance on the whole 'Sight Stone' thing.  About a week ago, I was playing a game as Support Sona to the new Lucian as ADC (screw marksman, it's a dumb name).  As my luck had been that day, he was pretty terrible, didn't know a thing about the champ, and we got stomped in lane in result.  The other three people in the game were a premade, and proceeded to just harass the ever living hell out of us.  The top lane Akali targeted me with 'OMG, Mikael's against a no CC team but no Sight Stone?  What a shitty support.'  I had bought the Mikael's to actually save her life, since she was doing the best on our team and got focused pretty hard, which didn't seem to matter to her.  I had intended to play 'Protect the Akali', until she turned out to be a ridiculously toxic and overly negative pile of slime.

Beyond that, I personally hate buying the sightstone, mostly because almost every time I leave base, I want to leave with a full, 5 stack of wards.  This is because one, I really love having wards, love giving my team vision, and two, at my level, everyone is still stuck in the stone age of League and believes it is by far no where near their responsibility to buy wards.  Leaving base with a sightstone of only three wards just doesn't cut it for me, so I pass it over in about 95% of my games.  I'll only buy it if my team actually helps out and buys a ward here and there.


Finally, there's the exciting news of the Season 3 Ranked Rewards.  Apparently, if you are Silver League or higher, you get awarded a permanent ward skin called the 'Victorious Ward Skin'.  Hearing this, I actually have some desire to play Ranked again.

Currently, I am Bronze II, and if my climb thus far has meant anything, I am not suppose to be there.  I was placed in Bronze IV to start, mostly due to playing lost placement games as a support (something very hard to do in Bronze I've learned), and playing like a retard in Season 2 as soon as I hit 30 shortly into the season.  None the less, I climbed very quickly in the few days I actually cared about ranked.  3 games and I was in my promotion series already.  Lost the 1st series due to a bunch of games being but on support, but after that, I figured that in order to win, I had to adc, and played it to win my next batch of promotion series.

With that, I actually completely skipped Bronze III, and was placed into Bronze II.  I only played a few more games after that, then soon lost any desire to play ranked and currently reside in that League as of now.  As soon as I saw that news though, I am pretty darn determined to get at least into Silver, if not try for Gold.  It's damn hard being a support main, I've learned that thus far, but as long as I at least get my silver border and the ward skin, I'd be happy.  I suck as Elise anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment