Thursday, August 29, 2013

The Avengers

Being dead broke, not really keeping up with the 'popular movies', and having a boyfriend who has a hard time sitting through an entire movie in a theatre, I generally don't get out to see flicks on the big screen.  In result, I generally try and wait them out, let them get onto DVD, wait until a friend gets it, or like most recently, wait until they get on Netflix.

Gonna admit, bluntly, that the selection on the streaming portion of Netflix is pretty piss poor.  There is very rarely a selection of popular movies on there, mostly just old classics or off beat movies people watch when they're really bored.  However, every once in a while, they do put more recent, up to date movies available for streaming, and I jump for joy off my broke butt.

The first movie I had become addicted to was the Hunger Games.  It was on Netflix one day, I was bored, and I decided heck, why not?  Watched it once, became completely and utterly addicted to the series.  Now, I own all the books, have listed to all of them on audiobook, and am planning to see Catching Fire in theatres this fall.


Then, there was The Avengers.

At first, I saw it, but didn't watch it for quite a while, mostly, because I knew it was going to be good, and I wanted to watch it completely uninterrupted.  A few nights ago, this time came around, and I would venture to say it is now my new favorite movie.

The cast, Tony Stark, the witty lines, Tony Stark, the action, Tony Stark, being introduced to Captain America and Thor, and did I mention Tony Stark?  I freaking love Tony Stark/Iron Man.  Good lord, Robert Downey Jr. just does such a ridiculously amazing job playing him that it blows my mind.  Or more so my gut.  Because I laugh so hard I think my diaphragm is going to implode on itself.

What's your secret? Mellow jazz? Bongo drums? Huge bag of weed?
I'll admit, I only watched the Hulk and Iron Man movies before this.  Between the other two badasses, being Thor and Captain America, I had to admit, they didn't spark my interest until I started seeing bits and pieces of their past through out this movie.  I'm quite heavily considering watching the Captain America movies now, educate myself in the ways of super heroes.

None the less, this is definitely one of my favorite movies of all time.  Edges in with the Iron Man series and X-Men First Class.  I think I might have a thing for super heroes, who knew?

No comments:

Post a Comment